Dylan Nortjé is a South African triathlete from White River, Mpumalanga. Dylan competed in his first triathlon at age 12 and has since become a world-class athlete. He is the current u/23 champion after winning at the South African Championships.
Getting to know Dylan:
1) Where were you born?
2) Where did you go to school?
I was in prep school at Uplands Prep School, then moved down to Penryn College for 3 years til moving to TuksSport High School to focus on my sport
3) How many languages do you speak?
I can speak only two languages sadly, English and Afrikaans.
4) Which if the three - running, cycling or swimming - do you enjoy most?
Cycling is definitely my favorite of the three disciplines closely followed by swimming
5) Who are your sporting heroes?
My Favorite sporting hero is Javier Gomez, a Spanish Triathlete, as well as Kelly Slater.
6) Which living person do you most admire, and why?
I can't think of any one person who I admire
7) What do you do when you are not competing?
When I'm not competing in training and when not training spending time with friends and family.
8) Who is your celebrity crush?
My celebrity crush is Marie Simpson, and Athlete Crush is Emily Batty
9) Describe yourself in 5 words.
Relaxed, Sport, Coffee, loving, outgoing
10) What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
11) What is your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is being mediocre
12) What is your most treasured possession?
Most treasured possession is definitely family
13) What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I always wanted to be a DJ when growing up
14) What is top of your bucket list?
As crazy as it sounds, the top of my bucket list is to Wakeboard behind a helicopter!
15) Who would play you in the film of your life?